My kids and I love homemade baked tortilla chips. I thought I would give the traditional tortilla chip a little St. Patrick’s Day twist with these shamrock-shaped chips.
You can make these super simple and healthy homemade baked spinach and herb tortilla chips (Shamrock shape not necessary, but festive for St. Patrick’s Day) with a few simple steps.
- · Spinach and Herb tortillas (We like Mission Brand)
- · Olive Oil
- · Salt (to taste)
- · Oven
- · Basting Brush (or tip of finger works fine too)
- · Tongs
- · Cutting Board
- · Mini cookie cutter (if you have it) or pizza roller
- · Cookie Sheet
- · Parchment paper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Lay spinach and herb tortilla flat on a cutting board.
3. Using a small mini cookie or vegetable cutter, cut out as many little shamrocks as possible. (If you don’t want to do shamrocks, cutting the tortilla crossways several times like a pie works too).
4. Lay the cut out pieces on the lined cookie sheet, about a half inch apart
5. Using the basting brush, “paint” olive oil onto one side of each of the cut out tortilla pieces
6. Add a dash of salt to each little cut out tortilla.
7. Bake in the oven at 325 for 10 minutes (350 for larger triangle pieces).
8. Remove from oven, and using tongs, flip each piece over.
9. Baste the other side with olive oil and a dash of salt.
10. Bake for 5 more minutes on that side.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Serve plain or with your favorite salsa or hummus. The perfect healthy treat!
Thank you so much to my friend Michelle – the original Muffin Tin Mom for sharing this fun treat! I can’t wait to make this with our kids! Muffin Tin Mom has wonderful ideas about how to make food fun for kids – it is also the home of “Muffin Tin Monday” (one of my favorite things about Monday
Thank you again Michelle!
Tip: ovens are finicky and the baking temperature and times may vary. Do a test run with one batch, adjust time and temp as needed.