I am always looking for great ways to save money on natural and organic products and foods for our family. We have a tight budget, but we are not willing to sacrifice quality for a lower grocery bill. One of my favorite places to shop for awesome discounts on organics and natural items is Grocery Outlet! You may have noticed several Grocery Outlet stores have recently opened in San Diego County – there are stores in San Marcos, Oceanside, Escondido, Poway, Point Loma, National City, El Cajon, Casa de Oro, East Village, and National City! Not from San Diego? No problem – check out the Grocery Outlet Location nearest you on their website.
If you have never shopped at Grocery Outlet before but are looking to cut down on your grocery bill I HIGHLY suggest checking them out! I think Grocery Outlet is still kind of a bargain shoppers secret in San Diego, even though there are so many locations.
Reasons Why I Love to Shop at Grocery Outlet
* Their prices are fantastic! Many items are more than 50% off what they are at a typical big box store, seriously, go in an price compare!
* Their food and products are fantastic! I have purchased fresh organic produce, brand name organic cereals, dairy items, toys, hair care products, even work out clothing for significant discounts!
* Their wine – OK, I don’t drink that much wine, and I really don’t know much about it, but friends – you gotta check out their wine selection. They have a huge wine selection and many bottles are more than 50% off what you would pay elsewhere – WHAT?! Last month we bought a bottle of wine at Grocery Outlet that was originally $35.99, we paid a mere $8.99 for it! That is pretty awesome!
* It is kind of a surprise when you go into Grocery Outlet – you really never know what you are going to get. It is a fun little treasure hunt every time I go. I almost always shop at Grocery Outlet before going anywhere else, I stock up on the items I typically purchase anyway and I always save more than 50% when I go in! Some weeks they have so many of the items we buy anyway that I don’t need to shop anywhere else and it saves us a significant amount of money to put towards other things.
* No coupons. I have nothing against coupons, and I use them often, but it is easier to go into a store and know that in most cases I am actually getting a BETTER deal than I would with coupons at a typical store.
*OK – sometimes coupons. While you cannot use manufacturers coupons, you can sometimes find coupons for Grocery Outlet! I have found coupons in mailers, online, and on the bottom of my receipt. I love to combine these with the already awesome deals!
How can Grocery Outlet Bargain Market keep their prices so low?
* Extras – sometimes a store orders too much of something, or a manufacturer makes more than is ordered by regular stores. Grocery Outlet scoops those extras up and passes the savings along to their shoppers.
* New Packaging – companies change the design of their products all the time – there is nothing wrong with the product in the old packaging, but stores only want the new stuff on their shelves – Grocery Outlet sells out the old packages for a deep discount.
* Shorter shelf life – a typical grocery store will not buy something with less than a ONE YEAR shelf life – isn’t that crazy?! When a manufacturer has products with less than a year to go they send it over to Grocery Outlet – I have NEVER found anything expired in my shopping trips, not even once! I don’t need a year shelf life – one or two months is plenty of time for me.
*Whoopsie – sometimes there is a misspelling on the packaging – I don’t care if you misspell one of the ingredients if it means I can scoop up my favorite product for 70% off!
*Whoopsie again – A company makes something that just doesn’t fly with consumers and they need to unload it fast. Sometimes it is just a flavor that didn’t do as well as the original or maybe a skin care product that is awesome but just wasn’t well received in the traditional market.
Click on page two for pictures of some of the actual items I purchased (and their prices) at my last trip at Grocery Outlet Bargain Market in San Marcos…….